Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Equipment that a You-tuber must have or should have to get started on ...

Nikon D3200 DSLR
Nikon D3200 DSLR
My trusty Nikon D3200. Been with me since almost the start of my YouTube channel, it's a fantastic little budget DSLR. I'm going to be upgrading in the near future, but I definitely couldn't have got as such high quality video with many other cameras for the same price. A great starting point for me, and for anyone else looking to get into DSLR video.

Sigma 30mm f/1.4 (Nikon Mount)
Nikon sigma 30mm f/1.4
A fantastic lens that I use with my D3200. With a low f stop, this glass creates a gorgeous smooth bokeh without breaking the bank.

Lilliput 7" Video MonitorLilliput 7" Video monitor
The Nikon D3200 doesn't have a rotatable screen, so this is what I use to monitor my video from difficult angles, or when filming myself. A simple and good value monitor.

Editors Keys SL300 USB Condenser Microphone
Editors Keys Sl300
A wicked voiceover microphone. Attached to the Rode PSA boom stand (see below) this makes for one killer voiceover setup, easy and consistent without breaking the bank.

Rode PSA1 Mic Boom
Rode PSA1 Mic Boom
If you make videos, and use a podcaster style microphone, chances are you're struggling with where to put it, or having it clutter up your desk. The Rode PSA1 boom mic solved this issue for me almost instantly, you deserve this for the price. It's a killer boom.

Audio Technica ATH-M50 Over-Ear Headphones
Audio Technica ATM-M50
The best headphones you can get for under £150. Hands down. Need I say more?

AOC i2367FH - Whaaaaaat? 23" 1080p display
AOC 23" 1080p display
Ridiculous model name aside, this monitor is just about the best value you'll find on this list. At this price, I could quite easily justify getting a third or fourth just to make my room look slightly more like a spaceship. Colour reproduction isn't as good as I'd like, but the picture quality and overall design more than makes up for it.

Logitech Performance Mouse MX
Logitech Performance MC
I would likely not be exaggerating to state that this mouse has doubled my overall productivity since I got it. My Apple magic trackpad lies dormant under my monitors. Slightly on the pricey side for a mouse, but totally worth it.

Quad Core Mac Mini
Apple Mac Mini
The computer I do the main bulk of my work on. I ran a video series mid-2013 upgrading a baseline quad core Mac Mini, this is the result. The quad core is a surprisingly viable option as a main workspace driving machine.

13" MacBook Air
Macbook Air
My daily computer for getting shiz' done. I don't use this computer for intense tasks such as video editing, but for everything else, you can't beat it. Silent. Quick. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment