Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

iPad Mini Production Errors Due To Rush?

TomNovember 4, 2012

Earlier today, I unlocked my iPad Mini expecting to be greeted with the Apple-esque grid of icons we have all grown to love, however was jarringly shown a bunch of scan lines going to town on my iPad screen. The result is apparently most likely to have been an LCD connector failure, or the LCD itself – however I’m none the wiser. The iPad Mini has only been in my possession for less than two days, and I’ve hardly been rough with it; so I put it down to a production error. I actually filmed the error when it occured, so if you want to see what it looked like here you go:

This isn’t the first time things like this have happened with Apple products. Less than a couple of months ago Apple released the iPhone 5 that quickly gained huge traction on the web for it’s ‘Scuff Gate’ controversy, in which people were recieving scuffed up iPhone’s right out of the box. The same thing seems to be happening here to a few people. On a MacRumors forum thread, a user displayed his iPad Mini with a scuff on the bottom on release day.
Now whilst this may not seem like a big deal for many of you, after all devices often pick up wear and tear like this – it’s the fact that it’s right out of the box for a new Apple product when the company usually is one of the best out there for quality control.
Albeit I took my iPad into Apple and they replaced it there and then, but it’s still not great. Maybe Apple needs to switch up their production line a bit? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment